Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!! 

I made a card for both my mom and Topher's mom!  The first card is for Topher's mom.  His momma loves to call her three little kiddos her ducks in her pond, so I decided to use this cute little stamp I purchased in a crafts store in Phoenix (not sure what it's called).  It's originally just the Big duck and the 3 little ducklings, but I cut it in 2 pieces in order to stamp the big duck again so it mimics Topher's family. 

The green paper is cuttlebugged with the Birds and Swirls folder, and punched with a Martha Stewart border punch.  I broke down and purchased Copic markers before we left for Dallas (much to the pricey chagrin of Topher) and have been in love with coloring in my stamps.  I added some grass using my Copics as well.  The ribbon was another dollar store find. 


This card was for my own Momma.  I chose the cut off of the Sweethearts cartridge.  I colored in the heart with Copics and wrote in mom on the heart.  I then embossed it several times to give it a glossy feel.  The flower in the girls hair is actually nail art that I bought in a beauty supply store.  I cuttlbugged the green background with spots and dots, and the ribbon is another dollar bin find.  Celebrate today is part of the mini sentiments stamp set from Papertrey ink! 

No comments:

Post a Comment