Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

This is the card I made Topher's dad for fathers day!  I forgot to take a picture of the card I made my own father (DRAT!) but I can at least share this one.

I decided to go unconventional and make a long card with rounded edges (using my trusted corner punch).

I used Sure Cuts A Lot to weld the letter for Dad together and I made a shadow for the Dad in white and used a pen to add details to the word.  (I'm excited!!! I have a Gypsy coming in the mail!!   They were for sale on Customcrops.com for 99 bucks!)  The whales are from Create a Critter. I stickled the water spout.  The background is cuttlebugged with the script folder.  The sentiment is printed and cut out with the mini monograms Cartridge.  I stamped it a bit with Martha Stewart teardrop inkpads to tie it into the card.  I'm not sure what the "to a whale of a dad" sentiment was supposed to mean, but it sounded great at the time!!


Since the card was made of metallic paper, making it difficult to write with, I added a piece of plain cardstock and watermarked it with some Papertrey Ink flourish stamps using my versamark inkpad to mimicthe water.  Hope you guys enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment