Sunday, July 24, 2011

Klinker


So one of my favorite baseball players, Matt Klinker, is having a bit of a rough season and has been stuck in a rut playing for the same team he spent the majority of his time with last year (in minor league baseball you want to be continually moving on up in the system).  Needless to say, he's a little frustrated (in the game, we like to call it "being salty") so I figured I'd try to give him a little pick me up and maybe it'll give him the boost to get him back up to AAA.  



Right now he plays for the AA team for the Cincinnati Reds, the Carolina Mudcats, so I decided to stick with that theme!  I used the pitcher from Kenny K digital stamps and modify it so it fits their jerseys.  I heat embossed using clear embossing powder a little Michaels dollar bin baseball stamp over the background to give a subtle pattern.  Using Sure Cuts A Lot, I cut out a wonky square shape as well as the Reds logo so the red would show through.  I also cut out his jersey number as well using Sure cuts a lot.  The card base is using Papertrey ink cardstock in smokey (I LOVE THIS STUFF FOR BASES) and cuttlebugged the diamond plate pattern.  I added Recollection brads for some bling and that was the front!

The Back I used Inkscape and svg. the Mudcats logo into three cuts and cut them out using Sure Cuts a Lot.  Klinker's name is also cut out using the Sure Cuts A Lot and the background was cuttlebugged with the Diamond Plate folder as well.  


Because Matt is so salty right now I figured I'd help him balance it out with some sweets by making him some cookies!  


He loved everything.  So this is an insight of some characters that I get to deal with everyday.  Klinker on the other hand is a pretty 'special' person anyway.  Needless to say, he doesn't take himself seriously.


This is what he normally looks like =)  I don't mind him either way =)



No comments:

Post a Comment