Monday, March 1, 2010

  
Another thank you card for my second oldest sister to show my appreciation for my birthday surprise.  She has three children, two little girls and a little boy, and so I decided to go with a little monkey theme.  

I was really trying to make a card out of the ribbon that I had found in the dollar bin at Michaels.  The paper background is from the DCVW green earth paper stack.  The sentiment is cut from Beyond Birthdays cartridge and the monkeys are cut from the Paisley cartridge.  Note to self....tiny little cuts like those (i believe 1 1/2" inches or 2") are unbelievably hard and frustrating to do.  
I tried gluing down the ribbon with my zig 2 way pen, and it left a stain, so note to self, buy glue dots or a tape runner!

This card isn't my favorite, but it helped use up some of the mounds of patterned paper I decided to impulsively buy and stretch my "creative boundaries".

No comments:

Post a Comment