Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!

I'm a little late in posting this I know....the sad thing is that I'm even later in sending this to Topher!  He'll probably end up getting his valentine's day card in April by the rate I'm going.  So Topher is now down in Ft. Myers for Spring Training.  He's working in the front office with the Boston Red Sox.  To celebrate his new job I made him a little Red Sox Card, Riley included!

I chose the Sweetheart Riley and cut out the little note that he holds on the left.  I used the Sure Cuts a Lot Software and cut a Boston Red Sox logo and had him holding that instead!  Riley is popdotted up along with the Red Sox "B".  The white background is cuttlebugged with the argyle folder and then matted on a Boston red mat.  I added a strip of baseball paper and then sandwiched it between two strips of blue paper.

I also made Topher a more traditional V-day card using more traditional colors.  
The little paper stamps were actually from some patterned paper I got from Michaels several months ago.  I cut each one out and matted each on their own little pink mat.  Tried to space them out as evenly as possible.  I then cut out a label....I have no idea where I picked it out from (I seem to forget more often now that I've gotten a Gypsy).  I stamped the background using this dollar bin stamp I have using Tim Holtz Red Brick Distress ink.  Then I stamped the I love you sentiment (I think another dollar bin buy).  I chose a grey background to masculinize it up a bit more and of course cuttlebugged it with my favorite folder of the moment, the argyle folder.  I used plain white cardstock base just because I wanted to keep it from getting too frou frou. 

No comments:

Post a Comment