Thursday, March 10, 2011


Just a little thank you card to thank Topher's Grandparents for sending me their trademark bran muffins and a birthday card for my birthday!  I love them so much and are the quintessential grandparents from New York that you see in the movies!  I've been trying to be a little creative on my layouts while keeping them simple.

So I used the Farmer Riley and Sophie stamp for this card.  Colored them in with Copics, here are the ones I used


For the antlers and hooves, then the ones for their faces


For their clothing, the belt and piewere colored in with E59 and E35 I believe, and the pitchfork and piepanwith my Sakura Jelly Roll Pen


Initially I was planning on a darker and more vibrant green color palette (mainly greens and yellows).  But I found the plaid pattern paper (no idea where it came from) and I thought how lovely it would be and it kind of matched Sophies shirt. Thank goodness I don't get too uppity about colors needing to match exactly.  I cut out the circle from the pale green paper at 4 1/4" from Mini Monograms and then cuttlebugged it with the Bird and Swirls folder.  Matted everything on brown kraft paper and then again on some light blue paper.  I cut the little "bran muffin" from the create a critter cartridge.  They are so yummy toasted and with some butter.  The sentiment is stamped with brown versafine ink and was a wooden stamp set purchased from Michaels one day when I was trying to build up my stamp collection.  



The base was flimsy Recollections white cardstock so I had to reincforce wht inside with another layer of brown cardstock to give it some stiffness.  I printed out a sentiment on the plaid paper to give it some interest and tie it back in.  Not so crazy about it, but it's ok!



No comments:

Post a Comment