Wednesday, December 22, 2010


Here are some holiday projects that Topher and I have done throughout this month.  Every Sunday this month we've had Christmas Sunday!  Basically, all we do is stay at home, listen to Christmas music, watch Christmas movies, bake Christmas goodies, and work on a Christmas puzzle or crafts.  Here is our little tree that we decorated.  We were excited since it was our first Christmas as a little family together.  We bought little mini ornaments as well as made out own.  


We made ornaments using the floor wax method.  All you do is buy that magic stuff (Pledge Floor Care with the Future label) and poor it into clear glass ornaments that we picked up at Michaels.  We used Martha Stewart Glittee in Blue, Silver and White...poured just a bit in there and rolled it around!  Beautiful results and Topher loved making them!



Next, we made these snowflakes off of this idea I saw in the Martha Stewart Living Magazine.  I purchased the Snowflake snowpunch, and punched out a billion of them in grey, blue and white.  I glued three together using my zig 2 way pen to give them some stiffness and then covered them with modpodge and covered them with glitter!  Added a little ribbon loop and there you go!  I then started getting a little crazy and making dual colored snowflakes.  I kind of like the way they look!

Here's Topher hanging em up


We also spent one Sunday making scarves.  I've been dying for a cute plaid scarf all season, but I can't seem to pony up 30 bucks for a scarf that I'll wear sporadically.  So I just went to Joanns fabric, bought some material and cut it up and used fusible webbing to bond it to make it long enough.  Some of them didn't come out all too pretty (drat my lack of ability to cut in a straight line!!!) but when it's all wrapped up you can't really tell (or that's what I tell myself).  Topher has decided to be a stylish model for us, displaying all our wares. 

Happy Holidays Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment