Saturday, December 18, 2010


Peppermint bark anyone?  So I have 40 college baseball players and so I wanted to make them a little gift for the holidays.  I figured guys would rather have sweets instead of a frou frou card, so I decided to make them little goody bags of homemade sweets.

My version of "Peppermint bark"is really simple and easy to make.  I just melt down a bag of white chocolate chips in the microwave and add rice crispy cereal until it's the consistency of rice crispy treats.  Spread it out nice and flat so it's just a thin layer on a sheet of foil and then sprinkle Andes Peppermint baking bits on top.  Pat down to make sure the baking bits are in!  Put in the fridge for about 15 minutes and break it up!  It keeps forever but it probably won't last very long.  Guys especially find it irresistible.


I just used the little reindeer guy from the Create a Critter cartridge and I believe I cut him out at 3/4 inch.    Paper was bazzil basics from Michaels and I just cut alternate scarves in green and red.  (By the way, the gypsy is a god send in mass production, thank you, thank you, thank you).  The tags were just labels I printed out on the computer and slapped on to the little treat bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment