Saturday, March 19, 2011


So, we're currently on the road again for the weekend...which means that I spend most of my days in a comfortable hotel room or watching a baseball game.

Unfortunately it means that I'm not getting in much crafting in.  Before I left, I was able to get a quick and simple card in.  (Editor's note:  In actuality, I totally forgot it was my sister-in-laws birthday last Saturday, and had to whip up a card quickly and pop it in the mail!)  It was a quick card I made using my Gypsy/Cricut and the Create a Critter Cartridge.

My sis-in-law loves birds so I usually make her cards themed around that.

Nice quick card, just cut out the little birdy with the little accessory nest that came with it.  Slapped it on some patterned paper I picked up at Hobby Lobby awhile back.  I couldn't center it for the life of me.  I finally gave up and kept repeating over and over the mantra "If it was supposed to be perfect, I would have just bought a card from Hallmark...if it was supposed to be perfect..."!  Happy Birthday was stamped with a Papertrey Ink Stamp off of Birhday Basics.  That's about it!

I figured I'd throw in another old creation since I won't be posting in awhile.

For Halloween, Topher and I decided that we wanted to carve an unconventional pumpkin.  Now Hedgehogs are kind of one of our favorite animals (up there with moose).  So we took the the create a critter hedgehog cute and cut him out at about 5".  We glued it on to the pumpkin face, carved the outline, and started cutting away!


Yes indeed we used the Cricut tool set as our carving utensils.  Topher got a little messy while carving the feet.  We cut out the nose, eyes, smile, and body and with the face and feet, we thinned the walls to let the light shine through.  

Here's our finished product lit up!  The hatchmark is since we took the picture through the screendoor, hahah sorry!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment