Thursday, March 17, 2011


Quick card I whipped up for my friend Aaron who is sick.  I met Aaron at a Miss Taiwanese America event, and we've been friends ever since.  His happiness and joy for life just radiates everywhere.  Unfortunately, he's come down with pneumonia, which is especially critical since Aaron has muscular dystrophy.  Luckily, he's was discharged yesterday after being in the hospital for a week.  I fiddled with the look of this card for a bit, and made it during batting practice during our baseball game haha!
I used the sick Riley stamp and colored him in with E33 and E37 for shadowing.  
I cut him out using the mini-monograms cartridge at 4 1/4" and the center cut.  I was nervous since it was my first time trying to cut in image out as opposed to stamping on a pre-cut piece!  It came out fine.  It seemed a little plain with just one Riley so I figured...what could be better than...TWO Rileys!  


Sorry I don't have any pictures of coloring in the second Riley (Flowers Riley) and added the mini sentiments from papertrey Ink.  I glued these Rileys on blue mats (also cut out from Mini monograms) and added a dollar bin ribbon.  I cuttlebugged part of the yellow background with spots and dots and the base is papertrey ink in white ( I LOVE the heft!).  The inside was stamped with a wood block stamp I got from a pack at Michaels.  


Here's a pic of Aaron and myself!  I hope he feels better!


No comments:

Post a Comment